YC123.03.08 - Ski Resort

//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC123.03.08




The weekend has been simply wonderful! I traveled to Kor-Azor for the first time to enjoy the prize I bid on at Directix's fundraising auction that happened a few weeks ago. It was only for a day and a night at her Ski Resort in the mountains, but that was enough to enjoy the slopes. I was allowed to take a plus one, so I messaged Kelyn about it. He and I seemed to get on well before he was employed by LUMEN, but in my naivety, I put him at arm's length after he did. Maybe I thought it was unwise to consort with the enemy? These past few months have shown me that those lines are terribly blurred and that some, maybe most of the things we were taught as children aren't as simple as us and them. This maybe is some means of an apology to him, and maybe even a chance to grow a stronger connection.

We arrived later in the afternoon but managed to get a few hours of skiing in. I realised that it's much easy controlling a battleship in my pod than it is my own two legs on the skies. They make it look so easy on the adverts, and they never seem to fall. I was quite the opposite and was on the floor more often than not. After many bumps, bruises, and giggles, we settled into our private cottage and had a lovely evening with some Amarrian cuisine which was a first for me. I think I might have to seek out some more when I get back to Federation space. The conversation lasted way into the night, but we learned a lot about each other that night, and I think if I want to really make this cluster a better place, it starts with a small connection such as this to make a difference.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YC123.04.15 - A Month Gone By

YC122.10.29 - Crimson Harvest