YC122.10.29 - Crimson Harvest


 //PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC122.10.29

 I have woken up to see reports flooding in via Galnet of Blood Raider fleets making their annual raids of high and lowsec space. It marks the start of what they call Crimson Harvest and it will be my first time actually seeing it. The older classmates at the University would tell scare stories of Amarrian cults that would capture you because you were a clone, believing that your blood was sacred to them. They would string you upside down and drain you like cattle and bath in your blood. They wouldn't kill you straight away no, you would be kept alive to ensure every last drop was squeezed out of you. You would suffer a very long and painful death until you were recloned. They would somethings finish the story with a crescendo of evil laughter, which seems cheesy now I think about it. But as bad as this was, they were some truths to it. Aura look up Blood Raiders. [NEOCOM LOOKUP – PIRATE ORGANISATION - BLOOD RAIDERS]. 

Everyone has the right to follow their own beliefs but if those actions involve the capture and torture of another in pursuit of that belief it can not be justified. If there was consent, then that may be another matter, but I struggle to think someone would be willing to give themselves over to these people. That said, I don’t know much about the Amarrian religion and even less of its sub cults. In any case, I have promised that I will do my very best to prevent these groups from getting a foothold in our systems.


So hack and chop
But this alone won't do it.
Not so much pain will do it.
The bleeding bark will heal
And from close to the ground
Will rise curled green twigs,
Miniature boughs
Which if unchecked will expand again
To former size.
 (Extract from On Killing A Tree, published by Nissim Ezekiel, Bombay YC70)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YC123.04.15 - A Month Gone By

YC122.10.27 - Silas Vitalia