//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC122.10.27
 |
| Silas Vitalia |
It's the morning after my first OP with Nadire SecurityConsultants. I didn't know what to expect, but Edward (aka Mantel) our FC
reassured me that it was going to be a straightforward exercise. We were to form
up in Tanoo ready to attack an Astrahus class citadel owned by an individual
named Silas Vitalia. I had been told she had upset quite a few people, enough
to warrant the destruction of her base. Our CEO Charles said that we had been contracted
to carry out the destruction of it and that as far as he knew, it was going to
be just us. To our surprise members of various other corporations under the
banner of Khimi Harar [CONCORD c/s – LUMEN] had positioned themselves in the system.
They were tagged as red on my overview by our corporation (for obvious reasons). But today, we were to release our
collective arsenal at the common enemy. Being fresh out of training and still an alpha clone I did
not meet the requirements needed to pilot the Raven ships provided by our
contractors. But in my Maulus [c/s NSV Marigold] I was ready to support my
fleet. We sat at range and unleashed our weapons. With no targets on grid,
Mantel advised me to warp close and unleash my drones to get some damage in.
Thirty minutes later the internal explosions began to crack open across its
bulkhead. Notification starting pinging on my screen. We had destroyed it and
somehow, damage from my warriors had struck the final blow. Aura link the killmail [NEOCOM - GALNET - Kill: Astrahus] Job completed we gave a digital nod to those involved and set our destination for home.
Now I am alone my mind drifts to my conversation with Charles. How do I feel
now compared to before we locked on? Was it the right thing to do? My overview had told me the base was offline (which from my studies suggests no one could be
aboard when it blew up). Many people must have called it home at some point.
How is that different from what happened to me all those years ago? How many
families, have I displaced by my actions? I do believe what we did was right, we
wouldn't be doing our job if it wasn't.
It has been some time since I wrote any form of poetry, maybe not since I was with mother. For now, I may add ones that resonate with me.
It takes much time to kill a tree,
Not a simple jab of the knife
Slowly consuming the earth,
Rising out of it, feeding
Upon its crust, absorbing
Years of sunlight, air, water,
And out of its leperous hide
Sprouting leaves.
Will do it. It has grown
(Extract from On Killing A Tree, published by Nissim
Ezekiel, Bombay YC70)
Comments
Post a Comment