YC122.11.24 - A Month of Immortality

 
//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC122.11.24

It's been a month, a whole 30 days since I was born... Ummm re-born I guess? It's gone so quickly and I've done so much already. Joined a casuleer corporation, blew up a station, made my first solo kill on a pirate, and most recently enlisted our into the Federal Defense Union (FDU) to secure more systems in the name of the Federation.


I had mentioned it before about war, and I think the most important question to ask is why. I know I know, I sound like a broke holotape, but it's essential. Firstly, why do I think my way of life and thinking is better than those of the Caldari State? Why do they think ours is not? They use to be a member of the Federation but broke away from the collective group years ago. Was our culture really that suffocating for them? The Intaki, Jin-Mei, members of the Republic and even some amarrians happily call the Federation home. If you look at Jita and the opening of the new Four Four station, it is clear they have done well from it. But when you look to the citizens, the cogs in the machine. I don't see wealth, I see sadness, sadness in endless monotonous work. What is life if not to enjoy the nuances of it and reap the reward from the work you do?

There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat;
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures.
(Extract from Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 3 by Bill Shakespeare YC Unknown)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YC123.04.15 - A Month Gone By

YC122.10.29 - Crimson Harvest

YC122.10.27 - Silas Vitalia