YC122.11.30 - Forget Me Not

//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC122.11.30

Straton Technos
 I woke this morning to find out one of our corporation members had left. Strat had joined around the same time as I and we got on quite well. Talking about our ambitions, sharing killmails and fits while we plexed in the warzone. It’s sad to find out that someone isn’t happy in their situation. I guess there could have been a number of factors to come to this conclusion. I did try speaking to him on the public Summit chat but he was reserved to give a reason. He did say he was sad not to speak in person before making the decision though. My best guess was that operating at different times than most of the corp, he felt a little isolated. It can be tough, I’ve been there before. And inaction drives you deepener down that rabbit hole until the light above is merely a candlelight flicker. Regardless of the paths we take, I wish him well. Bonne chance avec votre voyage, mon ami.

 Oh, one more thing, Mr. Khross spoke out on the matter. Looking him up; his corporation doesn't fly under the banner of the Caldari militia but he appears to be to have strong ties with them. His words struck a nerve with me. He said he spoke to Straton and suggested his motivation could have been one of sympathy with the Caldari State. I do struggle to believe this completely, for the Federation caters to all manner of people. Including those that prefer the minimalist décor or less tasteful protein cubes. But I’m glad we didn’t linger too long on the subject. To my surprise, he admitted that Gallente names were quite romantic, referring to mine in particular. It’s a feat in itself that two individuals separated by light-years of space, fighting for different ideals can have a civil conversation as if we chatting in a bar.

 But though we think it so, it is no matter.
In cases of defense ’tis best to weigh
The enemy more mighty than he seems.
So the proportions of defense are filled,
Which of a weak or niggardly projection
Doth, like a miser, spoil his coat with scanting
A little cloth.
 (Extract from Henry V, Act 2 Scene 3, published by Bill Shakespeare, YC unknown)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YC123.04.15 - A Month Gone By

YC122.10.29 - Crimson Harvest

YC123.03.08 - Ski Resort