YC123.02.10 - Price of Immortality
//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR//DATE YC123.02.10
I haven't written any form of poetry since mother and father died. It use to be such an escape to be able to find somewhere in the middle of nowhere and let my mind wonder. The past few years I have just been so preoccupied that I haven't had the chance. Don't get me wrong. all the new and amazing things and people I have seen, heard and met have beyond anything I could of imagined. My friends would be in awe with the tales I could tell now. Although, now that I think about it, I guess that life is no longer my life anymore?
This has been something that I have thought about more and more, and with the announcement on the IGS of a writing contest in March,I have decided to put pen to paper. I don't know if I'll ever publish it publicly but just so I have it written down somewhere, I'm going to record it here.
I believe 'tis right to ponder our worth,
Less a teardrop in the ocean of stars,
That our future unknown to change from birth,
To be remembered, footnotes of memoirs.
Alas, many are to be forgotten,
Be lost to dust and space infinity,
But time untold, help our legend blossom,
To upon a place, divinity.
To me I worry it brings more distress,
For 'tis myself that would pursue this dream,
Of all akin I make this grave address,
I speak to person low and high esteem,
Is this the price of immortality?
O' pain, 'tis not worth our humanity.
Comments
Post a Comment