YC122.12.05 - Pilgrimage

//PERSONAL LOG

//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC122.12.05

So today I  made my very first trip to the Eve Gate. Alain who organised the fleet explained to us that this wormhole was used by our ancestors to travel through from the old worlds. He said that a great many people make this annual trip for many different reasons. Some go to pay homage to the wonders of the galaxy, some to pay respects to a lost one, and some just to say they have at least once. As a child, we were told stories and shown holopics of places like this. But back then it was only a dream to be able to see it in person. Now as a capsuleer I can make these dangerous trips.

The route took us through Amarr space and then through lowsec in the final segment, both presenting their own risks. But a few jumps later and we managed to make through to the final pipe of our journey unscathed.  Alain mentioned that we should make a quick detour to the Dead End system which was only two jumps from our final destination. We weren't disappointed as he warped us within a hundred kilometers from a station sized monolith. Using my drone cameras I managed to take some holopics [NEOCOM - DATABASE - HOLOPIC] Isn't it amazing? I have no idea what it was or why it was there, but the way it hung there in space sent shivers down my spine. 

 After marveling at the monolith for a while we jump back through the stargate and onwards to the New Eden system. Alain had chucked at our awe and said that if we thought that was good, wait till we see the Eve Gate. Again he wasn't wrong, we arrived in the system and the wormhole was visible immediately. The spectral tendrils flashing and emanating from its core dwarfed the sun. Words could not describe how beautiful it was, nor can any holopic, of which I clipped many. 

As this was the first time I left a container marking the occasion. It was only a small token of food, drink, and a message. I hope that if or when someone finds it, they will enjoy something simple while in the presence of the extraordinary.

When you have come to the edge of all that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, 
We must believe that one of two things will happen.
There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly.
(Extract from  The Leaning Tree by Patrick Overton YC77)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YC123.04.15 - A Month Gone By

YC122.10.29 - Crimson Harvest

YC122.10.27 - Silas Vitalia